[Tp-sv] Fwd: fedora-websites-3.0 | Multivalue translations of "It's your" (#138)

Luna Jernberg droidbittin at gmail.com
Ons Apr 5 06:17:15 CEST 2023

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: "peartown (@peartown)" <gitlab at mg.gitlab.com>
Date: Tue, 04 Apr 2023 18:40:07 +0000
Subject: fedora-websites-3.0 | Multivalue translations of "It's your" (#138)
To: bittin at reimu.nl

peartown created an issue:
https://gitlab.com/fedora/websites-apps/fedora-websites/fedora-websites-3.0/-/issues/138

I don't think it's solvable in short time, but...

In some languages, translation of the changing strings "workstation",
"server", "operating system" and "community" change the gender of
"it". Therefore there is no way to translate this "headline" of
fedoraproject.org correctly.

My example of possible values in translation:
* Vaše Pracovní Stanice (It's your Workstation)
* Vaše Komunita (Community)
* Váš Server (Server)
* Váš Operační Systém (Operating System)

Would it be possible to look into this? For example, if rephrasing is
possible (could make again issues in another languages)?

Ideally, support for alternative translation of a string -
[multivalues](https://docs.weblate.org/en/latest/formats.html#multivalue-csv)
- should exist, but I think it's not feasible in the given time frame
of F38 GA.

--
https://gitlab.com/fedora/websites-apps/fedora-websites/fedora-websites-3.0/-/issues/138