Help to translation GCompris Qt

Bruno Coudoin bruno.coudoin at gcompris.net
Fre Nov 21 19:02:00 CET 2014

Hi,

I am contacting you because you already helped in the translation of
GCompris.

As you may have seen, last January we took the hard decision to port
GCompris in Qt Quick in order to address from a single code base all the
desktop and the mobile users.

Beside the technology change, GCompris on Qt Quick is the same, still
free software and still aiming at providing a quality level educational
software to all children of the world in the language they speak or they
learn.

In order to get to the quality level of translation we had when hosted
under Gnome, we have joined the KDE community. Thus the translations of
the new version will happens there.

The new version is progressing very well and we have a beta version [1]
with 84 activities on the 140 of the Gtk+ version. The source code is
under Git [2].

We are getting close to our first string freeze thus if you have some
time, please consider joining the KDE translation team for your language:
http://l10n.kde.org/

Regards,

Bruno.

[1] some binary version: http://gcompris.net/download/beta/