[Tp-sv] manpages-l10n: Looking for interested Swedish translators

Helge Kreutzmann debian at helgefjell.de
Mon Dec 12 17:54:07 CET 2022

Hello Anders,
hello Göran,
hello Sebastian,
On Mon, Dec 12, 2022 at 12:31:00AM +0100, Anders Jonsson wrote:
> Den 2022-12-11 kl. 23:17, skrev Göran Uddeborg:
> > Don't you think it is better any interested translators create their
> > own accounts and push directly? I made myself an account a little
> > while ago. Or do you think we need to explicitly coordinate?
> I would be a bit more restrictive than "any translator" to ensure quality
> and consistency, but I am in favor of adding you and Sebastian if you want.
> :-)
> >
> > (I made my account before I saw Anders' was also getting involved.
> > Given his track record he will probably have finished it all by the
> > time I start looking at it. :-) That would would be great, but if he
> > doesn't have the time I can still aid a bit.)
> Thanks for the kind words, but I'm more of slow-but-steady. I like to think
> the end result is worth it, though.

There are different work flows used by different teams. Essentially
(with variants) you can do the following:

a) All work directly in manpages-l10n. You see each commit, you are
   able to look at it and every ~ 3 month the current state is
   included in the next release.

   Upside: Nothing get missed
   Downside: Something is added/updated just before the release and no
   QA happened

b) You get a file, update it, circulate it for review and then commit
   it.

   Upside: Only high quality updates
   Downside: You might miss a release or the po file might have been
   updated in the mean time (every 2-3 weeks Mario updates from the
   original man pages).

Of course, variants are possible. Just think about the work flow that
suits you best.

Greetings

          Helge

      Dr. Helge Kreutzmann                     debian at helgefjell.de